Onion Omega2S & Omega2S+
The Omega2S is a smaller, surface-mount packaged version of the through-hole Omega2, designed for IoT applications that require drop-in connectivity and computing.
The 34mm x 20mm x 2.8mm package is based on the MT7688 SoC and features a CPU, memory, flash storage, and a WiFi radio. It supports a wide variety of I/O protocols, with 42-pins available to the developer. The module is self-contained and only requires a power supply and an external WiFi antenna to operate. The pre-loaded Linux Operating System reduces development time by allowing the use of existing software package and high-level programming languages. This module is precertified for FCC and CE, further reducing time to market in the fast-moving world of IoT.
The Omega2S comes in two variants: the Omega2S and Omega2S+
|Processor||580MHz MIPS CPU||580MHz MIPS CPU|
|Memory||64MB Memory||128MB Memory|
|Storage||16MB Storage||32MB Storage|
|WiFi adapter||b/g/n Wi-Fi||b/g/n Wi-Fi|
Take a look at the Using the GPIOs article to learn more about the Omega’s GPIOs, multiplexing GPIO functionality, and the behaviour and requirements of the Omega’s special GPIOs.
Datasheet & Other Resources
Find the Omega2S datasheet and all of the available documents for download here: https://onion.io/omega2s/#documents
Differences from Omega2
The Onion Omega2S is the surface-mount packaged version of the Omega2, designed specifically for high volume production due to its low profile, extended feature-set, and production friendly design.
The specific differences from the Omega2 are as follows:
- Surface-mount module form-factor
- Low profile, measuring 34x20x2.8 mm
- 63 total pins compared to 32 pins on Omega2
- Pins for SD/eMMC are available on the pinout - no MicroSD slot
- Features 3 UARTs, compared to 2 on the Omega2
- Features 4 PWM channels, compared to 2 on the Omega2
- Exposes SPI Chip-Select 0 (CS0) pin
- No on-board antenna - features Antenna signal pin and U.FL connector
- No on-board system status LED - features system status pin for connection to external LED
- Does not have built-in pull-up resistors on I2C bus - requires external pull-up resistors
The Omega2S Development Kit includes everything you need to fully evaluate the functionality of the Omega2S Module and begin the development of your IoT product.
- Easy insertion socket for the Omega2S Module
- USB, Micro-USB, Ethernet Connectors
- Connectors Pins for all Input/Output Signals
- Dual Reset Functions
Two versions are available:
SD Card Slot Version
eMMC Storage Version
|Micro SD Card Slot
8 GB Micro SD Card
|Built-in 8GB eMMC|
|Two (2) Omega2S modules||Two (2) Omega2S modules|
|Two (2) Omega2S+ modules||Two (2) Omega2S+ modules|
|2 dBi uFL Tape Antenna||2 dBi uFL Tape Antenna|
|Micro USB Cable||Micro USB Cable|
|Ethernet Cable||Ethernet Cable|
To get information on ordering or evaluating the Omega2S, visit: https://onion.io/omega2s/